Friday, April 18, 2014

Stella Replies to Astrophil


A  1   Stella, I am, a star that you have seen.
B  2   So Astrophil, many a glance you steal.
A  3   I must admit, aware I have not been,
B  4   You’re earthly love, too dim, too weak, to feel.
C  5   To my luster you are attracted so.
D  6   Much song and verse with new-borne sighs do sing
C  7   Proclaiming love, your lies create your woe.
D  8   Perhaps my shine will be enlightening.
E  9   Pay Heed! Behold! My beauty is not yours.
F  10 Eyes are formed to serve the inward light, sir.
E  11 Cast thy glance from heaven unto the floor,
F  12 And trust, Sir Gazer, I’m too far, too bright.
G  13 False, and yet false, that you must Stella love.
G  14 Come land your flight, the crow and not the dove.
2
A  1   You ask, “Is constant love deemed want of wit?”
B  2   As lunar beams encourage ocean tides.
A  3  Do trust, the moon does not think much on this,
B  4  Her role too great, too profound to deride.
C  5   “Are beauties there as proud as here they be?”
D  6   How dare you make such claims against my pride?
C  7   Ungrateful is the term you used for me.
D  8   Do tell, where now doth thou virtue preside?
E  9   Commitment and passion reveal a sign,
F  10 Of true intellectualism within.
E  11 Come now, take not. Mature your childish mind.
F  12 Those who constantly love another win.
G  13 Alone you shall be, awake and asleep.
G  14 Much too divine a dream of stars you seek.
3
A  1   Have I no misfortune? You say I’m Rich.
B  2   Rich in all beauties and every part.
A  3   Clearly my healthy skin, you want to itch.
B  4   Not love, nor brains, nor virtue, nor my heart.
C  5   Your advances bring me to uncomfort.
D  6   Your whispering voice brings me sharpest pain.
C  7  Desiring me as such will not be worth
D  8   The stain of black, your reputation shamed.
E  9   No, No, No, No, My dear, Let Be. Please stop.
F  10 You are mad with delight, which makes me fright.
E  11 No, No, No, No, My dear, Let Be. Please stop.
F  12 My heart doth cry on this corrupted night.
G  13 Your deed this eve insult in many ways.
G  14 I Build my fame on higher-seated praise.
4
A  1   Here cometh the dawn, Away go the stars.
B  2 Though I will always be up in the sky,
A  3   Come find me again, and you’ll deal with Mars.
B  4   For me, you’ll mean nothing. From you I’ll fly.
C  5   Your guilt is so petty, Ruined you feel.
D  6   Accept now for closure, you never loved.
C  7   Time will tell all and some day you will heal,
D  8   You should start again fresh without the lust.
E  9   Now I must leave you, I wish to depart.
F  10 Beware the winged babe whose poison is strong.
E  11 You shall encounter new beauties apart.
F  12 Choose wise with whom you stir new affection.
G  13 Virtue Awake! Beauty but beauty is;
G  14 You may, you must, you can, you will, you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment